tisdag 20 mars 2012

Puppyschool again

Well tuesday evening and as usually we attended puppyschool with the pups. Merja was today very unconcentrated at first, her nose were more on the ground and the ears seemed to be closed. The first exercise was heeling on-leash and I have too confess it didn´t go at all well. The second exercise was heeling without a leash and that went a whole lot better. =) Then we had to train having the dog waiting and once again Merjas overactivity caused some minor problems for me. Being still is boring if you ask Merja. Then I trained some more heeling with Merja as long as I waited for everyone else to get ready with the waiting-exercise. And WOW, 100% concentrated on the task and at all time her eyes stayed on me. Very impressed I tried it again and with the same result. At that point I had to stop so that we wouldn´t stop with a failure. Then came the leave your dog and go outside exercise. I already knew that Merja would not be fond of that at all. And so right, she "sang" the whole time I were gone. But overall Merja functioned well and I´m so impressed with her heeling =)
Kalle has come in hos defiant age and he did at times as he wanted but Mats handled it well and he got Kalle to do the exercises. Pyre did also very well today, but she is like her mother and haven´t a clue where her paws are.


Our two-headed cockerspaniel =) Merja/Pyre

Inga kommentarer: